2. Our focus will be on energising youth to reap benefits of growth and employment.
4. Oil prices, rising dollar and volatile commodity prices seen as risks to Indian economy.
6. Demonetisation is a bold and decisive measure, for many decades tax evasion was a way of life for many.
8. I am reminded of what our father of the nation Mahatma Gandhi said: “A right cause never fails”.
9. The pace of remonetisation has picked up.
10. Effects of demonetisation not expected to spill over to next year.
11. Budget preponement to February 1 will give sufficient time to departments to implement government schemes.
12. Our Budget agenda is – transform, energise and clean India – TEC India.
14. Agriculture sector is expected to grow at 4.6%, agriculture expenditure targeted at Rs 10 lakh crore.
15. 36% increase in FDI flow; forex reserves at $361 billion in January, which is enough to cover 12 months needs.
18. One crore houses for poor by 2019.
19. Safe drinking water to cover 28,000 arsenic and Fluoride-affected habitations in the next four years.
23. 3500km railway lines to be put up.
24. Service charge on rail tickets booked through IRCTC to be withdrawn.
25. Rail safety fund with corpus of Rs 100,000 crore will be created over a period of five years.
27. A new metro rail policy will be announced, this will open up new jobs for our youth.
30. Government to set up strategic crude oil reserves in Odisha and Rajasthan.
33. Government is considering introduction of new law to confiscate assets of offenders who escape the country.
36. Fiscal deficit target for next three years pegged at 3 percent.
37. India’s tax-to GDP ratio is very low. We are largely a tax non compliance society, when too many people evade taxes burden falls on those who are honest.
38. Out of 3.7 crore who filed tax returns in 2015-16, only 24 lakh persons showed income above Rs 10 lakh.
39. Of 76 lakh individuals who reported income of over Rs 5 lakh, 56 lakh are salaried.
40. Small firms with turnover up to Rs 50 crore to pay 25% tax now, instead of 30%.
44. An amendment being proposed to RBI Act to enable the issuance of electoral bonds for political funding.
47. 15% surcharge on incomes above Rs 1 crore to continue.